A Bite of Fitness

Pushing Through Tough Workouts

Keeping your motivation strong through each and every workout is usually easier said than done.  Motivating yourself to workout can be hard enough-then how do you motivate to keep going through a tough workout. 

Today, around mile two (of my four mile run), I realized my battery was dangerously low on my iPod Shuffle. I was really in my stride and jamming to an awesome playlist, when my iPod quit on me-I was halfway through my workout and felt my motivate die with my iPod! I kept going, but was completely thrown off. How was I supposed to continue my run when I was over two miles from home and I totally lost my motivation? 


needed a better excuse than a dead iPod to stop!


When my music stopped, I started focusing on each car passing by, the hot humidity, and every distraction possible. Somehow I just let my mind wander and pushed through the last two miles. Even though I was bored without my music,  I stopped distracting myself and just decided to push myself to have a great run! I got back in my zone and finished strong. 

Sometimes boredom makes me less motivated to keep going, other times its making me tired, etc. There are many times during hard workouts where you feel like stopping, but the key is to push through! The feeling after completing a hard workout is worth it. Keep persevering and tackle those long runs and intense cardio sessions! Vote for your motivation-killer, below:

What messes with your motivation?
Thankfully, I have fully charged my iPod for my next run! ;) If your motivation killer isn't listed, let us know if the comments!


XOXO,
L&J



No comments:

Post a Comment