A Bite of Fitness

Setting and Achieving Goals


Whether you are a beginner to running or a seasoned marathoner, training plans are essential for race day success. By setting a goal and working towards it, you stay on track and are motivated to accomplish whatever is at the finish line!

I signed up for my first big race in August 2012 for a half marathon- that was just less six months away from the big race day! As intimidating as a race sounds, I set my goal, focused, and achieved my it! With hard work and determination you can do anything you want!

one of my favorite inspirational quotes

The key to accomplishing your health and fitness goals is to start small. Beginning with a mammoth of a goal can seem daunting and overwhelming. You know that you want to give your diet a makeover? Start by adding veggies to every meal. Want to up your weekly milage? Run an extra five minutes longer than your normal run. By thinking short term versus long term, you are more likely to stick to your motives and achieve what you want! Your smaller, short term goals help you tackle that big obstacle that you are working for!


in just two weeks until we'll be running past this bad boy
After my first half marathon I was hooked! I quickly set another goal I wanted to accomplish. I signed up for The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Ten Miler Weekend at Disney World this fall; this big goal helped me achieve my smaller, day-to-day goals. The race is in just two weeks! :)

What goals have you set for yourself? Share your progress with us!


XOXO,
L&J

No comments:

Post a Comment